I am a student, mama of 2 willful boys, wife and teacher. I began with dreams of becoming the first woman to play in the NBA, but when those dreams were crushed in the 6th grade I started to dance and began using Pilates as a method to keep my body strong. After graduating from the University of Chicago in 2004, I went into Strategy Consulting and began practicing yoga to unwind from grueling 80-hour work weeks. On the many weeks I would travel, I began to create a home/hotel practice for myself that blended Pilates + yoga to keep myself centered and healthy. Their common principles of control and presence married one another well and created results that I knew would undoubtedly benefit others. Finally in 2012, I chased my dreams of helping others find this same happiness and I never looked back.
I teach Pilates + Yoga in a 'mindfully athletic' way because I believe that you don't need to compromise staying safe with breaking a sweat. In my opinion, when we exercise our movement should be thoughtful, our minds present and our body alive with awareness. I know that I can keep you safe, help you heal what hurts and give you a great workout at the same time.
Having taught for several years in San Francisco, CA, we moved to Northern California Wine Country in 2016 to catch our breath and let our young boys run free in the countryside. Although today I still teach on demand all over the Bay Area, I am almost exclusively located in beautiful Sonoma, CA.
A perpetual student, my studies in movement are varied and extensive. I am proud of the thousands of hours and countless days I've spent (and will continue to spend) studying and practicing to help people learn more about their bodies.
- Pilates Integrated Teacher Training (ITT) in San Francisco on all apparatus and mat
- Yoga Tree San Francisco 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) and have continued studies towards a 500 hour YTT
- Studied extensively/Apprenticed with the following teachers and mentors:
- Madeline Black (world renown Pilates and movement thought leader)
- Jean Sullivan (ITT Director and owner of A Body of Work in San Francisco, CA)
- Irene Dowd (Julliard School faculty/kinesthetic anatomy and neuromuscular re-education)
- Harvey Deutch (Founder Red Hawk Physical Therapy, leading the Bay Area in forging physical therapy and yoga)
- Lynda Caesara (Lauren Berry method of massage therapy for fascial release and correction)